If you’re looking for fresh vegetables and fruits Chiccharney Farms in Nassau, Bahamas might be the place for you. Offering delivery, Chiccharney Farms is the best place for local, organic produce, jams and so much more!
Now more than ever we need to source from our own, here are three reasons to shop local and support farmers.
It tastes better!
With less time in transit and/or less time to sit around, the state of freshness also ensures that the food stays packed with its intended and initial nutrients.
They help the community!
When you buy directly from the farmer, you are building a relationship while also helping to support local farmers who are providing for you as much as they are providing for their own families.
That’s right! Good farmers ensure that the land is well kept with minimal, if any, usage of chemicals and fertilizers.
One of our staff members, Beth Higgs, took full advantage of the amazing produce she received from Chiccharney Farms, fresh from farm to table here is a recipe for Zucchini and Onion Pie!
- Sautee the chopped onion with the grated zucchini in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until they are soft and let them cool down. Put the onion and zucchini in a mixing bowl and add (2) eggs with a few dollops of yoghurt, burrata cheese, parsley, dill, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Eyeball everything to create a juicy filling for your pie.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Layer the filo pastry using about (8) sheets.
- Add the onion and zucchini filling
- Place a few sheets of filo on top, in no particular order, just make sure you cover the filling.
- Bake for about 20/25 minutes
- Serve and EAT!
Please visit the Chiccharney website at https://www.chiccharneyfarm.com for more details and services that they offer and support our local farmers! They work very hard to keep us well feed.